BooksChristian.com: Low Prices...Great Selection

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God by Francis Chan



While reading a favorite blog I came across Francis Chan’s book. On the side, the blog’s creator placed a little shelf that held books she had read. Crazy Love was one of those books. When I moved my curser over the book I got a peek inside. It was this line of the book that stayed in my heart. “ Sometimes I feel like when I make decisions that are remotely biblical, people who call themselves Christians are the first to criticize and say I'm crazy, that I'm taking the Bible too literally, or that I'm not thinking about my family's well-being”

Wow! His words spoke to the heart of where I am. Encouraged to find out more I did some hunting and found the book and a companion website, http://www.crazylovebook.com/. Francis Chan made a short video to correspond with each chapter. After the first video which shows the awesome power of God, my heart shifted. I am not trying to be dramatic, but something changed in me. My prayer life changed and I began to go after God with a new sense of purpose.

It was weeks later when I finally purchased the book. It was well worth it. Francis Chan is a man passionate about God. Not just following some religious prototype of a Pastor but a man who questions his own heart and his own devotion to a God who loves beyond understanding. Chan questions why we have a problem taking the words Jesus said literally. His book addresses how we have moved so far away from lives of true Christianity for risk free lives of comfort and safety.

It you really want to seek the God who created the universe this book will put a flame in your heart. Or you will put it down not willing to give to God what is rightly due to Him. If you have become dry or complacent in your faith, or just want more of God read this wonderful, challenging and correcting book. It was written with the warm relentless love of God.

8 comments:

  1. This is a book I have to read!
    So very glad that you wrote about it here.
    Thank you!

    Margie:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Margie,
    Believe me when I say it is an eye opener!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I have this book on my shelf and can't wait to get to it. I even bought my husband his own copy so we could read and discuss it together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this book! A friend sent it to me to read and it is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lelia, what a great book for you and your hubby.

    Terri, He now has another book our called Forgotten God which deals with the Holy Spirit. I haven't read it yet but it is on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicolas, welcome to my blog hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review. I'm off to check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Analisa,
    I have this book on my little blog shelf and just started reading it. I am so encouraged by your review and excited to really get into the book.

    ReplyDelete